Intensive Foster Care Services
The Evergreen Center's Community Services Division is committed to integrating and maintaining children within their communities. Guided by the goal of keeping families intact, Evergreen works with and for the family to help them determine their needs and design a program based upon family strengths. Evergreen provides services within maximum familial, neighborhood and community supports. The Community Services Division's aim is to empower individuals and families by fostering family independence.
Evergreen Community Services relies on the skill, interest and commitment of highly qualified family-based foster care providers. Qualified families serve as role models, educators, advocates and liaisons with available community resources. Providers become additional components of the DCF team who are working to give care, guidance and a safe environment to a child.
Intensive Foster Care
Evergreen Community Services Intensive Foster Care Program is designed to provide structured, goal-directed, family-based care to children and adolescents in a clinically effective milieu. Children who are unable to reside in their own homes or traditional foster homes because of the degree of care necessary may be placed for a period of 3 months or more. This program focuses on three target populations:
- Children with behavioral involvement or emotional disturbances with histories of serious neglect or abuse.Children and adolescents in need of highly skilled and structure family settings.
- Individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities up to 22 years of age who may have additional physical disabilities, serious medical involvement, or whose biological families are unable to care for them on a full-time basis.
The Intensive Foster Care Program offers an alternative to group care placements while promoting the emotional, behavioral, and social growth and development of the child in the least restrictive environment appropriate to their needs. The goals of the program are to ensure the safety and protection of children placed; stabilize the child; mediate family conflicts; and facilitate transition back home or to a more permanent long-term setting. Each specialized home provides a safe atmosphere where the child can learn and practice specific techniques to improve daily functioning, at home, in the community, and in personal relationships. In most cases, a 1:1 ratio of child to provider is maintained.
Providers are reimbursed on a per diem basis at rates that vary depending on the clinical needs of the child.
Become A Foster Parent
Make a difference in a child's life by becoming a foster care provider today! As an Evergreen Community Services Provider, you'll receive the following:
- Extensive and effective pre-service and ongoing training.
- Excellent financial compensation.
- Supervision and back-up coverage by experienced professionals, 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
- Monthly provider support groups.
- Annual provider family outings.
- Personal attention and close working relationships.
Each provider family is assigned a Placement Specialist who provides foster home visits at levels necessary to support both the child in placement and the provider. Provider families have the ability to contact an Evergreen Community Services professional at any time of the day or evening, have crisis services at their disposal, and receive specialized training and supports.